Live Life and Live Forums Navigating Grief My Online Support Group

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Colleen
    Keymaster

During the first few weeks after losing my son to suicide, I was lost and confused.  I did not want to attend a group counseling session.  I did not want to see a therapist. I wanted something different, but I knew I needed something.

I made the decision to go back to work just a week after the funeral.  I needed some structure and I thought work was a place for me to regain my ability to concentrate. I spent the first days searching for information that would help validate how I was feeling.  I utilized my company’s Work/Life Balance website and found a small online support group. I was able to journal and receive responses from other mother who had lost a child.  I found this peer counseling format very comforting.  I learned to be gentle with myself and dealing with grief if different for everyone.

I remained active with that support group for the first 6 months.  After a while I found I was visiting the site less often, but always kept my membership.  It’s been 4 years and I’m still so very thankful for the support and validation I received from my little online peer support group.

• This topic was modified 1 year, 1 month ago by Colleen.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.